Why, How Much & When?
Effectively low carb means low sugar. In traditional sports drinks, the carbohydrate content helps enhance the hydration process, however low carb hydration uses electrolytes as the driving force for fluid absorption into the body.
Formulated with key electrolytes; PURE Electrolyte Hydration Low Carb helps to replace the electrolytes lost during exercise & sweating. In a performance context, all four electrolytes play a pivotal role in water balance, supporting the nervous system and functioning of muscles.
The benefit of being low carb means the hydration is more versatile and able to be used in times where we need to hydrate but may not need the added energy source from regular hydration.
- During hot and humid conditions
- During short training sessions
- In between training sessions
- During light or recovery phases of training
- Pre-race hydration/electrolyte loading
- Electrolyte replacement during exercise
- To help prevent hyponatraemia (low sodium levels) particularly during long and low intensity exercise i.e walking a marathon
- To support nausea and hangover symptoms
Pure Clean Formulations
PURE Electrolyte Hydration Low Carb is a natural isotonic electrolyte sports drink base flavoured with real freeze-dried fruit powders and juices on a coconut water base. No nasties, no artificial colours or preservatives just all natural flavours. With the four electrolytes, Sodium, Potassium, Magnesium and Calcium to help you replace those lost through sweat.
At PURE we focus on sports science and the nutrient quality of the ingredients we use and use only the best, highest quality, natural ingredients available. PURE Electrolyte Hydration Low Carb has been developed in-house allowing us to carefully test and refine our formulations, making sure that every flavour meets our high standards for taste and performance.